- 故事梗概
- 作品正文
Morpheus: No, but if you could, would you really want to?
墨菲斯: 是的,回不去了。但即使能回去,你真的想回去吗?
Neo isn’t sure, so decides not to say anything.
尼奥不确定,所以决定什么都不说。
Morpheus: I feel I owe you an apology. We have a rule……we never free a mind once it reaches a certain age. It’s dangerous, and the mind has trouble letting go. I’ve seen it before, and I’m sorry. I did what I did, because……I had to.
墨菲斯: 我觉得我欠你一个道歉。我们有一个规则……我们从不解放超过一定年龄的思想。这很危险,思想很难放手。我以前见过这种情况,我很抱歉。我做了我做的事,因为……我不得不做。
Neo listens
尼奥听着。
Morpheus: When the Matrix was first built, there was a man born inside who had the ability to change whatever he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was he who freed the first of us, taught us the truth: ’’As long as the Matrix exists, the human race will never be free.’’ After he died, the Oracle prophesied his return, and that his coming would hail the destruction of the Matrix, end the war, bring freedom to our people. That is why there are those of us who have spent our entire lives searching the Matrix, looking for him. I did what I did because……I belive that search is over.
墨菲斯: 当矩阵最初建立时,内部诞生了一个人,他拥有改变任何他想要的事物的能力,可以按他的意愿重塑矩阵。是他解放了我们中的第一批人,告诉我们真相:“只要矩阵存在,人类就永远不会自由。”他死后,先知预言了他的回归,并说他的到来将预示着矩阵的毁灭,战争的结束,为我们的人民带来自由。这就是为什么我们中有一些人毕生都在矩阵中搜寻,寻找他。我做了我做的事,因为……我相信那个搜寻结束了。
Morpheus stands up
墨菲斯站起来。
Morpheus: Get some rest……you’re going to need it.
墨菲斯: 休息一下吧……你会需要它的。
Neo: For what?
尼奥: 为了什么?
Morpheus: Your training.
墨菲斯: 你的训练。
As Morpheus leaves and shuts the door, Neo lies down and goes to sleep.
墨菲斯离开并关上门,尼奥躺下睡着了。
In the morning, Neo is awake, sitting beside his bed. Tank comes in, and smiles at Neo.
早上,尼奥醒了,坐在床边。坦克走进来,对尼奥微笑。
Tank: Morning! Did you sleep?
坦克: 早上好!睡了吗?
Neo shakes his head
尼奥摇摇头。
Neo: Not much……
尼奥: 没怎么睡……
Tank: You will tonight, I guarantee it! I’m Tank, I’ll be your operator.
坦克: 今晚你会睡着的,我保证!我是坦克,我将是你的操作员。
Neo stares at his arm
尼奥盯着自己的手臂。
Neo: You don’t……you don’t have any……
尼奥: 你没有……你没有任何……
Tank: Holes? Nope. Me and my brother Dozer, we’re both one hundred percent pure, old fashioned home-grown human, born free!……Right here, in the real world. Genuine child of Zion.
坦克: 接口?没有。我和我哥哥道泽,我们都是百分百纯粹、老式的土生土长人类,生而自由!……就在这儿,真实世界。真正的锡安之子。
Neo: Zion?
尼奥: 锡安?
Tank: If the war was over tommorow, Zion’s where the party would be.
坦克: 如果战争明天结束,锡安就是开派对的地方。
Neo: It’s a city?
尼奥: 那是一座城市?
Tank: The last human city. The only place we have left.
坦克: 最后的人类城市。我们仅存的地方。
Neo: Where is it?
尼奥: 它在哪儿?
Tank: Deep underground, near the Earth’s core, where it’s still warm. You live long enough, you might even see it!
坦克: 在地下深处,靠近地核,那里仍然温暖。你活得够久,甚至可能见到它!
Tank smiles
坦克笑了笑。
Tank: Goddamn, I……I gotta tell you, I’m fairly excited to see what you’re capable of, if Morpheus is right and all……We’re not supposed to talk about this, but if you are……Damn, it’s a very exciting time. We got a lot to do, lets get to it……
坦克: 该死的,我……我得告诉你,如果墨菲斯是对的,我相当兴奋想看看你的能力……我们本不该谈论这个,但如果你真是……该死,这真是一个激动人心的时刻。我们有很多事要做,开始吧……
Tank leads Neo onto the main deck, and plugs him in.
坦克带尼奥到主甲板,给他接上线路。
Tank: Now, we’re supposed to start with these operation programs, that’s major boring sh*t. Let’s do something a little more fun……combat training.
坦克: 现在,我们本应从这些操作程序开始,那玩意儿太他妈无聊了。我们来点更有趣的……战斗训练。
Tank smiles as he sits down in his operator’s chair, flipping through several disks. He picks one, and puts it into his computer. Neo looks at the screen.
坦克笑着坐在操作员椅上,翻阅着几张磁盘。他选了一张,放进电脑。尼奥看着屏幕。
Neo: Jujitsu? I’m going to learn……Jujitsu?
尼奥: 柔术?我要学……柔术?
smiling, Tank presses the ’’Load’’ button.
坦克微笑着按下“加载”按钮。
Neo’s body jumps against the harness as his eyes clamp shut. The monitors kick wildly as his heart pounds, adrenaline surges, and his brain sizzles. An instant later his eyes snap open.
尼奥的身体在束缚带中猛地一跳,眼睛紧闭。监视器疯狂跳动,他的心脏砰砰直跳,肾上腺素激增,大脑嘶嘶作响。瞬间之后,他的眼睛猛地睁开。
Neo: Holy sh*t!
尼奥: 我靠!
Tank grins
坦克咧嘴笑了。
Tank: Hey Mikey, I think he likes it! How about some more?
坦克: 嘿,米奇(Mikey),我看他喜欢!再来点怎么样?
Neo: Hell yeah……oh yeah.
尼奥: 当然要……哦耶。
Hours later, Morpheus walks in. Tank is blinking, trying to keep his eyes in focus.
几小时后,墨菲斯走进来。坦克眨着眼睛,努力保持视线清晰。
Morpheus: How is he…….?
墨菲斯: 他怎么样……?
Tank: Ten hours straight……he’s a machine!
坦克: 连续十小时……他简直是台机器!
Neo’s training finishes, and he opens his eyes, breathing hard.
尼奥的训练结束,他睁开眼睛,呼吸急促。
登录 后再戳我哦